Tuesday 23 July 2013

Dark Empire Luke Skywalker

The Siege of Coruscant!
This is one figure that won't be going in the Purge; not least because Hasbro have stated that the Black Series 6" line will be for movie characters only. This Dark Empire Luke Skywalker figure is one that I've wanted for so long (we're talking late 90's here), and I was lucky enough to get him last month for a decent price. I was outbid at the last for the Clone Emperor, but I can live without; I'm generally more selective over EU material than I am the Prequels, but this design of Luke suits my post-ROTJ vision perfectly. At least until 2015, anyway...

I found a decent Photoshop lightsaber tutorial for anyone interested; I still need to refine the process a little bit, but it's easy enough to follow with a good end result.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to track down a lot of the 90's EU figures myself. They look pretty given the era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By '97/98 Hasbro really started to improve the sculpts and paint jobs massively. This is the only POTF2 EU figure I own, but they all look good - if I can track down a Sentinel for a decent price, I'll be a happy man.

      Delete

You may like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...